1. In the first twelve years of the Party’s existence, each Ward in each state of the Federation where there are not less than ten registered KOWA members shall convene a Ward Congress
2. A Special Ward Congress may be summoned at any time by the WEC to consider only those proposals that are important for the progress, strength or success of the Party
Duties and Powers of the Ward Congress
3. The Ward Congress shall nominate candidates for Public Office at the Ward level, adopt a platform for the Ward and act upon other such matters as it deems appropriate
4. They shall also elect all members of the WEC
a. The Process for election of members unto the WEC shall be in accordance with the guidelines issued by the NEC
5. The first business of the Ward Congress shall be to confirm the agenda or order of proceedings that would govern the conduct of its business, subject to guidelines by the NEC and until the same is confirmed, the Ward Congress and the activities attendant thereto shall be governed by the order of proceedings proposed by the WEC in the Call to the Ward Congress.
6. Further, the Ward Congress shall:
a. Receive and discuss the reports of the WEC which shall include the Chairperson’s address, the Ward Secretary’s report and the Ward Finance Officer Report
b. Have the right and power to review, ratify, alter or rescind any decision taken by any of the constituent bodies, units or officials of the Party at the Ward level.
c. Debate, set the general direction of and formally adopt the policy of the Party at the Ward level. Every Ward Party member shall abide by the decisions of the Ward Congress.
7. The Ward Congress shall consist of all members of the Party in the Ward present at the Ward Congress venue.
8. The WEC has the power to appoint a Ward Congress Organizing Committee which will circulate convention information in advance, and indicate how the membership can then ensure their concerns are on the agenda.
9. The Congress shall determine its own procedures in accordance with democratic principles subject to guidelines as provided by the NEC and in accordance with this Constitution.
10. Voting on key questions shall be by secret ballot unless at least two-thirds of the delegates at Ward Congress agree to a vote by show of hands or otherwise.